My brain however, is atypical. I have before been accused of being "spacey", "forgetful", or even "absentminded". My intention today is address these and other misconceptions and to debunk them with pure, hard, scientific AWESOMENESS. The following are a few important parts of the brain, and how you think it should work compared to how it works in my case.
#1) The brain stem.

Typically:
- Controls automatic reactions (breathing, etc.)
- Controls blood pressure
- Controls limb movements and reflexes
- Made of silly putty
- Contains memory bank for song lyrics
- Enables super cool dance moves
#2) The Hypothalamus

Typically:
- Controls body temperature
- Controls behavioral response (hunger, thirst, etc.)
- Controls aggression
- Controls car key location forgetfulness
- Controls good looks
- Manages growth stunting
- Controls automatic autograph response

Typically:
- Helps coordinate limb movements
- Takes information from the sensory organs
- Controls memory and thought process
- Controls emotion
- Smells of baked beans
- Controls sweet flapjack-making skills
- Controls subconscious desire to eat Mexican food
- Helps facilitate guitar strumming movement
- Controls memory loss system
- Goes for $250 on eBay
There you have it! Hopefully this helps clarify a thing or two.
-Kevin


8 comments:
dude, how could you forget the prefontal cortex? and don't you realize that research suggests humans have not just one brain, but multiple brains? for example, the gut? the spine? the skin?
sorry dude, your awesome scientific explanation won't excuse away all.
i wish it were so easy...
This is the funniest thing I've read all week. "Subconscious desire to eat Mexican food." That one about threw me over the top!
HAHA- Thanks for this post!
It's a good thing I read this when no one was around. They all would have thought I was some kind of retard, what with the floor rolling and such.
Hey Shannon! Just wanted to let you know that I just set my blog to private so if you want to be able to view it, please send me an e-mail with your e-mail address so I can invite you. My e-mail: camivanilla@msn.com.
Oh, Kevin, you are such a nerd. A very funny nerd.
Kev--I just showed this to Tony & I thought he was going to stop breathing because he was laughing so hard!!! Great one! We loved it!
Oh thanks for this, it just about gave me a heartattack... but in a good way.
Kevin, you are completely Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes. This is a shocking look at the inner workings of a strange Kev. It must be exhausting to be you.
Post a Comment